Update Time!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by RedstoneUSA, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hey Guys!

The server is still on 1.9

Yes, its compatible with other versions, but that doesn't help much because the gameplay mechanics are still outdated. Some parts of the server are still 1.8, which was released September 2, 2014, more than two years ago.

I don't know how the coding of it all works, how easy would it be to get the whole server updated and on 1.11.2?

~RedstoneUSA

2. Currently there is no server compatibility for 1.11 yet. So you either have a 1.11 server or the previous versions.
    Also everything is 1.9. There are no more 1.8 mechanics. We have 1.8 and 1.10 support, but the server is 1.9.

3. Ah ok :) I saw this and assumed that it was 1.8-1.11.

upload_2017-1-4_13-24-25.png

How could everything be 1.9? I understand that you can just take away features from a 1.10 client to make it 1.9, but if someone is logged in on a 1.8 client, how do you make that 1.9? I would've imagined that because that client doesn't have the 1.9 code, blocks like purpur and other features wouldn't render, and would maybe be ghost blocks or something.

Do you think you could possible make the whole server 1.11? Or would it be hard to update past coding?

Attached Files:

4. Nope :p
    Our last cube and skyblock reset, we updated the server to 1.9 ;)