Hey Guys

Discussion in 'News' started by MrSuperSweet, Feb 23, 2016.

1. I'm not really sure how to start this off, if I'm being honest I never thought I would ever need to write one of these types of posts. But here we are, 2 years since the launch of the network talking about the plan for the future.

If I'm being honest, today was the greatest day. It started off by being linked just a totally ill informed youtube video pointing out how the server is dying, and then another pointing out all it's flaws. I've had players throw hate my way for years now and it never got to me until today.

We built this network when Kyle and I were 16, and we had no idea what we were doing. Mistake after mistake we slowly learned, yet now we are constantly dealing with the mistakes of our past selfs.

I poured my heart and soul into this network, doing what I thought was best to make it big. I became so focused on making it big I lost focus on what really mattered, how this all started, which was just a simple SMP server for me and my friends to have fun on.

No matter how anyone puts it, I don't think we've failed. This network hit over 400 players, which is more than most owners could even dream of.

So here we are two years later, my life getting more and more hectic and time for the network growing less and less. I can honestly say, this is the first time I've felt lost. Not knowing which direction to take with the network, what moves to play. I feel like a cornered queen in a game of chess.

we feel like it's time to move on, to do other things with our life and take on other ventures. My brain says to let this go, but my heart says to hang onto it.

All that said, I'm probably just a bit depressed because I let the hate get to me today and I'm sure after a night's sleep I'll look back and think how stupid this post was but I feel although I should give you guys a window into the mind of Super.

PS if you guys have any advice feel free to shoot it my way :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't think Nirvana has failed, it's just that it's taking a slight turn and is on a bumpy road at the moment. Once Crusade is up, I think some people will become happy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Agreed, just keep the network strong and i will always support it :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Super the network is doing great yes there may be a few bugs here and there but nothing is perfect so if you keep up the great work this server will become amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The network has had it's ups and downs, its crises, and a few noteable moments, all of them still a part of us today. The network is not dying, the people that have left us are still remembered but left for different reasons. The first time I met you, you seemed like a goofy bastard who didn't know what he was doing, but now looking at you compared to 2 years ago, I can say I was completely wrong. Past events like the Gonzo tantrum of 2013 (older people will remember this) are remembered as the time that we were building, and this "video" is just the same; a tantrum. I've been with Nirvana from the beginning, and you have yet to disappoint. Are you a stubborn butthole? Yes, but you are our stubborn butthole. And NirvanaMC is our home.

• Like Like x 5
  6. This server is my life. Ive only been here a year come may but I feel like its more a part of me than any other game or guild or whatever that Ive ever been in. This post makes me sad to think that those people who made the videos have nothing better in their lives than to try to make other people feel bad. Its pathetic and it sickens me to think that they actually affected the most rock hard person I know. I dont know how to write well but I can write well enough to come with this. This server is the embodiment of fun of my life for the past year I cant think of anywhere or any place Id rather be than sitting mining on cube or building a giant fucking diorite platform for no god damn reason. Evertime I try to play survival or smp or whatever I lose interest completely. Cube and Nirvana have this back of the mind feeling that Ill never leave no matter what happens. This is my second home and this is the place of accomplishments not failures. The "problems" were mistakes that everyone has to go through before you find something solid. Some of our games shut down. So what? Id still play even if it was just running around in hub. People need to get over this whole "the server is dead/dying" bs. It pisses me off like I said that people like this exist in any form of way to disrupt what fun we're having.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm right with you man <3

• Like Like x 1
  8. The server may have or may be going through a rocky time. There is still no other place I would rather be. I am proud of the staff we have and I am proud to be apart of this staff team.

I for one can honestly say, I don't think I will ever quit or stop trying to make this server a better place. No matter what anyone says, Nirvana can never truly die. We may go through our lulls, but be damned sure. We are coming back.

No one should be sad. We know what happens on this server. Just last week, we hit our all time high player count. That alone kicks all those "Nirvana is dying" comments out the window.

9. That was last week, because Pete was online. But now Pete has quit.

Could you please link the video?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. The server is the reason I am who I am, it gave me confidence and made me realise I am worth more than just being the quiet person I was. Super helped me burst out of my shell and I am always thankful for that like nobody will understand. Being staff for this server is more than I ever imagined and I'm okay with that. The server has never failed for me, doesn't matter if we have 30 players or 100. Everything will feel the same to me. I came here for Crusade but now I play most things, I plan to keep supporting Crusade in what it becomes and it shall never die. We love you Super, always will.

• Like Like x 2
  11. If Crusade comes back...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. It will. Crusade is something I won't ever let go.

13. Its been down for about a month, when we were told it would be back in "A few days".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. After this post I have a feeling Super's depressed

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Plus I had the most fun on this server than any others
    #Nirvana4Lyf!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Super I have known you longer then many people, perhaps not as well as Kyle, or Wubs, but I can say with confidence whatever you decide to do will work out. When you started nirvana, me and Jake we so impressed with what you could do, we were amazed with what you have created, and we have followed what you have done for years. Ever since I was invited to BM years ago, I saw you as one of the smartest most persistent people I know, someone who will always go a route that will work out. I am not writing this post to give you any advice, or to tell you what to do with your life, but to tell you that everything will be ok. You have created something that has changed the lives of thousands of people, a youtube channel with tens of thousands of subscribers, and created a community. You should be so proud of the work that you have done.

Thank you for all the support you have given me over the last few years super. You are truly one of the most remarkable inspirational people I know. Without knowing it, you have shaped me to be the person I am today, and I thank you for that. I know whatever you do, everything will be OK.

<3

Noerdy

• Like Like x 1
  17. it was said many of times that crusade was being "Recoded" and had no set date to come back.

18. As it is 100% custom. There is a lot of code, which takes a lot of time to redo.

19. I wanna guess this video is ermm from @Haz_ thats the best explained hate video atm. Listen to the server and make the changes because its the players at the end of the day, that keep the server alive?

Sorry to see you go how ever much you have hated me! You was still a good server owner and good luck to the future of Nirvana Network. Thanks for bringing Zombies Back :D

@MrSuperSweet Good luck with your racing and traveling don't die young pls <3

• Like Like x 1