Economy on Cubed Chaos

Discussion in 'News' started by HyKurtis, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

I'm writing this post to introduce the idea of an Economy on Cubed Chaos. I don't want to go ahead and make such a change without the community having a say on it. Because of this, there is a poll where you can vote on this.

Here is a list of just a few of the things that will become possible on Cubed Chaos if we introduce an economy.

1. Even better player trading. With an economy we can set up a better way for players to trade with each other. We could allow for players to purchase shop areas to set up a shop and sell their items to the community.

2. Server shops Similar to Skyblock, we would be able to create a way for players to purchase and sell resources from a server shop. This server shop would have a stock system, so items would never be "created", but rather exchanged with other players. For an example, if a player sold 100 logs, the stock of logs would be increased by 100, allowing another player to purchase 100 logs, but when the shop is out of stock they would no longer be able to purchase logs until there is some in stock.

3. Progression / Leader boards Not only would an economy introduce a better way for players to trade, it would also add an area of the server where players could compete to get to the top of a leader board. Currently, on Cubed there is no leader board on the server. This means there is no competition which for some makes the server get quite boring fast.

4. Jobs or Quests Adding an economy would open up doors to a lot of other features such as Jobs or quests, we would have an efficient way to reward players for doing activities on the server, this would make the game more enjoyable for a lot longer.

There is also a lot more that can be done, but these are the main things. In general, having an economy would just allow for us to add more features because currently we have no way of checking how wealthy a player is, so we can't add things that you have to work hard for, everything is "free".

I know change is sometimes taken heavily, but please consider the advantages of having an economy on Cubed Chaos.