A Terrible Misfortune.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lil, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Please help me, I'm trapped, lost, and most of all, terrified. I've been trapped down here for weeks, it feels as if each hour goes by as slow as the waves of the ocean, on a cold winter day. I'm terrified for both my dear wife, children, and in this kind of situation, myself. I don't know where I am, all I know is it seems as if the walls are made out of some sort of brick, perhaps the same kind as the siding of a suburban home, or the basement, of a wealthy family. I must have done something wrong? Maybe, I wronged someone, or someone wronged me? Perhaps they have the wrong person, I should identify myself, if not for anything else, but the likelihood of a mistake. It's dark, dark enough to where I can almost taste it. But, it's as if there's a scraping, scratching, a tingling noise, coming from another room. Maybe, you never know, but perhaps I am being accompanied by another, but for what? Why would I worry? Why should I, I have nothing to lose, no wealth, no untold fortunes, I'm doomed. If only I knew, what could I do, even if I knew? It was senseless, almost as trying to stop time, nothing seemed to work. Only to hear the crackling of a fire, was I saved? Nonsense, it was nothing, I must be going crazy! It's cold, and for what belongings I beheld, gone, vanished, just as I will be. If only I knew, knew what terrible thing had come upon me, unless, for some untold reason, I was the terrible thing? I have brought this upon myself, this terrible deed I have done. Unbeknownst to me, someone had been watching, only the flickering of a lightbulb, alerted me. It was the tyrant, the one whom I feared the most. Forging their own rules, leading me and my brethren to our demise. For what? I haven't a clue. If only I knew, why this tyranny chose us, a select few.